In addition to providing individual counselling services george james runs highly focused and highly practical programmes which provide delegates with a thorough grounding in the skills and techniques required to both maximise their ability to identify new opportunities and to secure a new position.
An intensive 1 day course, the learning experience is highly interactive and places strong emphasis on practical outcomes. Delegates will gain additional benefit from the experience of other participants on the course
Outplacement – Level 1 – The Fundamentals of Job Hunting
At the end of the course the participants will:
- Understand how to evaluate their strengths, weaknesses and identify their USPs
- Understand the purpose of a CV and the importance of dedicating time to writing an impactful CV as this is a key marketing tool. The need to make every word count, the importance of format and style. It needs to be a compelling read!
- How to craft correspondence to accompany their CV
- Understand how to tailor their CVs and application letters to match job opportunities
- Appreciate the importance of crafting a opening statement and how to do it well
- Understand how to find where to look for new opportunities
- Understand how to best market themselves, including the value of networking and how to optimise this
- Understand the recruitment process and time lines
- How to prepare for an interview/recruitment process including how to handle objections
- How to manage an interview
- How to follow up an interview
- Appreciate what to do during a period of unemployment in order to remain employable at the right level – the need to treat looking for work as work
- Appreciate how to manage the emotional “stigma” that redundancy can bring
- Leave the course with confidence and a positive mind set that comes from having a plan of how to obtain their next position
- Have established a personal link with recruitment professionals at george james ltd for ongoing support and advice
Who should attend?
- Anyone who may lose their job who is not experienced in all aspects above and who does not have a new position to move to
- Anyone who has been unemployed for any amount of time and needs new ideas and a new plan of how to secure a new position
- Open course £295 + VAT
- In house coursed for maximum of 12 people £2380 + VAT and expenses.